3/6/10

I have become (by firstcomet)

I have become the face
You see in the mirror
I have become the body
That you feel its weight
I have become the self
You carry;
the thoughts, the memories.

I have become
Through experience, resilience and endurance.
I sense the present
I’m about to forget the yore
I’m about to forget the future
I have become the one child of now
I’m not becoming, I am being!

Yes, I exist!

There are things that make us sad
There are things that make us sneeze
And there are sounds that make us nostalgic
And those that move our hips
And those that move our lips;
Singing, holding hands, remembering…

A self, like a carriage, pulled by memories
The shallow pond of now,
The clarity of current,
Is what I see, what I believe
What I hear
The vibrating strings of a lute

The evoked memories
Never making their ways to the present
Never joining the ocean of An experiencing self
Connected to the stillness of now
In between these lines
I exist!

No comments: