11/12/09

It's Satin (by firstcomet)

And she said:
look at my bed sheet, it is satin,
and a pause, but it is not …
an invitation inside the bed!

And I looked at her bed sheet,
And it was now a satin, and it was strange,
since I had not seen a satin bed sheet before:
No gloss, no float, only fire that blazed and arose!

And I was thinking, limitations of knowing;
Just like a satin with dull reflections,
wavering, under the weight of urges:
nylon, polyester, and silk. Sinking!

And when I finally emerged
I found myself gazing
At your hazelnut eyes
What a wondrous feeling it was!

Though, anxious they looked
As if I caught a glimpse of them
While in a free fall
From the sky above

And it crossed my mind
That while falling
Can we fall for each other,
The certainty of our uncertaint lives?

I did not know.
It was your lips
Emancipated slave of thoughts
That broke the lull ...

I heard your voice
Over a cumulus cloud
About to reconvene with her old mates
To wash the city off my loneliness

Voices that boil your blood
And tightens your jaws
And chest, and fists
Pushing you to the other side …

The nowhere man’s land
The warm feeling propagating
Through my veins, up the ladder
Where the angles reside!

It’s no longer a fight;
likely a gradual transcendence
To where I heard your voice once,
Twice, and again on a Saturday

In the middle of a road,
In the middle of a song,
In the middle of an oblivious life
In the presence of your unbounded reality!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m coming out of a cynical period .
You’re going through a cynical period.

You’re looking for a passage to take you to the other side.
I’m on the passage and looking for a destination to land.

You’re cautious and I’m careless.
You’re contemplative and I’m anxious.

How did our paths cross?

Anonymous said...

I. She is just in a transition and trying to figure out her next move. Meanwhile, she is just curious about me and not particularly in rush to make any moves. It’s just nice to have somebody around in such times to make things easier.
o What about me?!
II. She wants to make sure I’m not a hit-and-run kind of guy.
o Given what I told her and my reactions she should know it better by now!
o The tension between cynicism and trust, market forces and cost benefit analysis, and what we gain and lose while trying to avoid getting hurt!
III. She is trying to establish her role and position within the power structure of the relationship and in doing so she’s making use of her feminine advantages.
o Given the context created by (I) this may be problematic, since I may try to emotionally protect myself by rebelling to the point of losing interest!
IV. All of the above.
o Most likely the case!

Anonymous said...

What do I like about you?
More than the soft skin
The immediate touch
The confident look
Those exploring lips
The way you talk
The manner of your walk
The stockings
And the complicated layers
And the monkey socks
And the blue raincoat
(just about the time you miss the blue sky)
And the freckle constellation on the back
I like the way you avoid dehydration while kissing
and making sure I'm also
hydrated
during those intense hour of passion making
making sure that the flowers are well fed
making sure they will remain blooming
Bringing the best out of a body that often fails to catch up with the adventures of our souls

Anonymous said...

The basket is meant for the following:
Prepare yourself a hot bath,
light the candle
have a little bit of the wine and the chocolate
while enjoying the inspirational poems!

Anonymous said...

The pilot

The journalist

And the girl with the mascara pen

and the Albanian in town!

How did I end up in OM lounge with Ray and S?

And G was quite a case! @30 she was telling me I shouldn't rush!

And the nanny Ray who had an stroke!

and the lawyer ... let's not open that can ...

And the salsa anthropologist

And the 1st random make out @ Davis ... Jane